Chocolate and peanut butter = heaven! If you’re a fan of Reese peanut buttercups then this CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN BALLS are one of the healthier versions you can find. Plus it takes minutes to make! It’s loaded with protein so it’s the perfect pre- or post-workout snack, or pick-me-up bite that will surely satisfy your sweet cravings.
I have made these peanut butter energy balls a couple times and even my little boy loves it! They’re no-cook, and have less than 8 ingredients. All you need is a bowl and a spoon to make it so no need of fancy food processors at all. You can also make this dairy-free and gluten-free.
These energy balls can also have added nuts or dark choco chips. The choices are endless! The most difficult part was the waiting when I know they’re sitting in my fridge and I couldn’t wait to indulge on them. You can sprinkle some sea salt on the chilled balls and it brings the taste to a whole new level.
For the peanut butter, be sure to go for the all-natural peanut butter. You’ll know when you look at the ingredients in the bottle and it only has 100% peanuts in it. No sugar, no salt added. 100% good for you!
Now who’s ready to make these???
*makes about 8 bite-size balls
1/2 c rolled oats
1/3 c all-natural peanut butter
1 tbsp pure honey or maple (again, pick the 100% pure, no artificial flavorings)
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 scoop high-quality protein powder in Vanilla or Chocolate (I use THIS brand)
1 tbsp dark chocolate (70%) or vegan choco chips if preferred
1 tsp coconut oil
Sea salt (optional)
1. Mix the oats, peanut butter, honey or maple, protein powder, and chia seeds in a bowl. Use a spoon or spatula to mix it well.
2. Chill the mix in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
3. Take out from the fridge, scoop about a tablespoon and roll into a ball with your palm. Do this for the whole mixture.
4. Melt the choco chips in a microwave (for 40-50 seconds) or on a double boiler. Add the coconut oil and stir until smooth and silky.
5. Coat the protein balls with the melted chocolate and place on a tray or plate lined with parchment paper in a single layer.
6. Chill for another 10 minutes to let the chocolate harden. Sprinkle with sea salt before indulging!
Tag me in Instagram @fitfoodiemommy if ever you try this. Hope you enjoy it!