Fudgy, gluten-free, paleo brownies which tastes like the real thing! These are made from just a few ingredients and you can make it in under half an hour. A kid-friendly, delicious, guilt-free sweet treat!
The brownies are made with almond flour which is ground almonds and is my favorite paleo and gluten-free alternative. I use this brand which is blanched almond meal and which works perfectly for baked cakes and brownies. For the sweetener, I used coconut sugar and also melted dark chocolate (at least 50%) for that rich chocolatey taste. You can skip the nuts in these brownies but I added some walnuts for some added crunch, and also some more dark chocolate chips for more gooey-ness. Coz it’s fudgy brownies after all, right?
Now let’s get baking!
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips at least 50%
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond meal or almond flour blanched, preferrably
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Melt dark chocolate and coconut oil in a saucepan. Let it cool and set aside. Whisk sugar and eggs in a bowl until light and fluffy. Mix into the melted dark chocolate and add the vanilla extract, and stir to mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, raw cacao, baking soda, and salt. Take the dark chocolate mixture and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix with a spoon or spatula, without overmixing. And lastly, fold in the dark choco chips and walnuts if using.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes at 350 degrees F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out fudgy (not wet or dry). Let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
If you love brownies, here are my other go-to recipes!
Hope you enjoy these brownies too!