Grain-Free Carrot Cupcake Muffins
Paleo, gluten-free carrot super-moist carrot cake muffins with lots of carrots, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds in every bite.
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/3 cup olive oil or sub with coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or sub with honey /coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup grated carrots packed
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat your oven to 175 degrees C. Lightly grease a muffin tray with baking spray or line with muffin cup liners. If using liners, spray with baking spray to keep the muffins from sticking too much.
In a bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg. And in another bowl combine the wet ingredients--eggs, olive oil, maple or honey, and vanilla extract. Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix with a spoon.
Fold in the grated carrots, pumpkin seeds and walnuts. Scoop batter into each muffin cup, filling about 2/3 full. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
To serve, you can top with cream cheese, greek yogurt or nut butter.