Fluffy, soft, healthy, delicious vegan yogurt blueberry pancakes that will surely be your next weekend favorite!
If you loved my fluffy greek yogurt pancakes but want a non-dairy version, then this is it! This uses coconut yogurt which is the perfect vegan alternative and it’s sweetened with natural sweeteners. Coconut yogurt is simply made from coconut cream. You can either buy one from the grocery (I used Pure Cocobella brand), or make your own at home using just 2 ingredients – coconut cream + probiotics.
EGG SUBSTITUTE – one of my fave way to sub eggs in recipes is simply by using mashed ripe bananas. It also adds to the sweetness of the recipe, and gives you added nutrients like potassium and dietary fiber. So don’t throw those browned ripe bananas away!
Pancakes are meal-prep friendly so you can make this ahead on a weekend, and freeze for easy re-heating on busy mornings. Nothing like starting the day with a hearty stack of pancakes yes?
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pure honey or maple
- 3/4 cups unsweetened nut milk (almond/cashew/coconut)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- maple syrup & fruits to serve
- coconut oil for cooking
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe banana. Add the milk, honey or pure maple, vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt. Then add the dry into the wet ingredients. Mix just enough to combine. Then fold in the coconut yogurt and then the blueberries. If using frozen blueberries, thaw them first and drain excess moisture.
- Heat a skillet or non-stick pan with coconut oil. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter and let it cook for about 2 minutes or until you see bubbles forming. Flip and cook for another minute or so until it's cooked.
- Serve warm with maple, fruits and coconut yogurt. To make-ahead, freeze in an airtight container and re-heat in the toaster or on a pan.
As always, if you loved this recipe and made it, be sure to tag me @fitfoodiemommy or use hashtag #fitfoodiemommy so I can find you.
Love pancakes? Make sure to check also my HEALTHY CHOCO CHIP BANANA BREAD PANCAKES which is another household favorite.