These dark chocolate raspberry muffins hit all the sweet spots without making you feel guilty of the empty calories. It’s naturally sweet, tangy, and each bite is dotted with juicy raspberries and a hint of orange. You can make these ahead of time for a healthy snack or to pack in your kids’ lunchboxes. They’re freeze-friendly and can easily be reheated–100% family-approved!
Enjoy making these muffins and let me know if you ever try them!
- regular-sized muffin pan
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk of choice unsweetened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter melted
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chunks at least 70%
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
Optional crumb topping
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and coconut sugar. Using a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, melted coconut oil or butter, vanilla extract and milk. Combine the wet into the dry ingredients. Add the orange zest and fold in the dark chocolate chips and raspberries.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin mould, about 2/3 full. Mix the crumb topping ingredients in a small bowl. Top the muffin batter with the crumb topping, and more chocolate and raspberries if desired. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
MORE MUFFIN RECIPES
Grain-free Carrot Cake Muffins
I hope you enjoy these dark chocolate raspberry muffins and let me know below if you make any variations. Tag me also in IG @fitfoodiemommy if you share in your socials.
Be the first to comment