Salted Caramel Brownies made more wholesome! These brownies are flourless and gluten-free using tahini (ground sesame seeds which is like nut butter in consistency) that makes it full of fiber, proteins, and oh-super fudgy-licious! And the caramel is also made vegan for an even healthier twist! It’s officially my fave brownie of all time! Best part is it only takes less than 30 minutes to whip everything up.
Head to my Instagram @thefitfoodiemommy for a quick video tutorial on how to make these decadent brownies. Enjoy!
- 1 cup tahini unsweetened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or sub with honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon oat flour or sub with almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
Salted Caramel Sauce (vegan)
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter unsweetened
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- roasted walnuts toppings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, mix tahini, coconut sugar, maple, vanilla extract and eggs and whisk until smooth. Add the dry ingredients in (except choco chips) and mix to combine. Gently fold in choco chips. Transfer to a lined baking pan and bake for 20-25 mins or until cooked through.
- To make the salted caramel sauce, combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat it up in low heat until smooth & creamy, for about 2 minutes and it starts to bubble a bit but not boiling. Set aside to cool down for a few minutes.
- Once brownies are cooked, drizzle with caramel sauce on top and crushed nuts like walnuts. Slice into squares and enjoy!
MORE GLUTEN-FREE BROWNIES YOU SHOULD TRY
Hope you enjoy these Salted Caramel Brownies and if you ever try them, please do leave a comment below and let me know how it goes.