Another banana bread recipe my friends, I know right? Well, for one, I love the smell of freshly baked banana bread. I mean, who doesn’t? Second, it makes an easy, healthy, delicious snack that is also kid-friendly. Bake it on a weekend, and you have a loaf of nutrient-dense and flavorful snack treat in your fridge. This also makes for a quick breakfast!
What you will love about it
refined-sugar free, super moist, easy to make, 100% wholesome, absolutely delicious!
VERY RIPE BANANAS. You know the ones with dark spots on it? Those are the ones we’re looking for. You got to trust me on this. I’ve tried making with unripe bananas and the taste difference is like day and night. Plus the ripe bananas also add to the sweetness of the bread which is why we don’t need a lot of sugar in this recipe unlike other traditional banana breads.
COCONUT SUGAR. You know I love my natural sweeteners. And although I’ve tried making banana breads with pure honey and pure maple, the coconut sugar seems to give it a fluffier texture as well. Coconut sugar is also considered one of the low-glycemic sweeteners so it’s good for your body too. I’ve used it in other recipes like my CHOCOLATE CHIP OAT COOKIES and my GLUTEN-FREE FUDGY BROWNIES.
ADD-ONS. This is where it gets exciting! I added chia seeds and walnuts into this banana bread which loads every bite with lots of omega 3s in there. Omega 3 fatty acids are amazing for your skin, heart, and brain health, plus it’s great for your skin too. I also have dark chocolate chips in it, just because banana and chocolate is a match-made in heaven! Other options are coconut shreds, macadamia nuts, flaxseeds, and even dried fruits like cranberries.
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Pre-heat oven at 350 deg F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash your bananas. Add your eggs, coconut oil, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix to combine. It's okay if there are chunks of bananas as that gives your banana bread some texture.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then combine the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Mix with a spoon but don't over-mix it as that will make the bread dense.
- Fold in your choco chips, walnuts and chia seeds if using. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. And bake for about 45-50 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean, and the top is browned, your banana bread is ready.
- Let it cool for about 15 minutes before cutting it. To serve, you can top it with some nut butter.
And you know what makes this extra-special?
This happens to be the second recipe that I’ve filmed and posted in my spanking new YOUTUBE channel! That’s right, this momma is officially a You-tuber!
Watch me make this banana bread in my kitchen!
I hope you love this recipe and your family enjoys it as much as my family did. If you love banana breads, be sure to check out these other recipes in the blog:
Happy baking lovelies! And don’t forget to leave a comment below if you ever make this recipe.