When I feel like cooking pasta but have no time, this is my go-to recipe! This Tomato & Basil Pasta with Chorizo takes only about 20 minutes to put together and it will surely be a family hit at your dinner table.
My boys absolutely love this recipe. It’s rich in fiber from the fresh, plump tomatoes and basil, plus loaded with omega 3s from the olive oil. It’s a delicious blend of extra virgin olive oil infused with garlic, and the sweet, tangy cherry tomatoes bursting with flavor when slowly cooked. For some proteins, we add Spanish-style chorizo but you can also skip it or sub with mushrooms for vegetarian option. And finally we throw in some fresh basil and grated parmesan to finish off this hearty dish.
Save below recipe and be sure to try it in your next meal.
TOMATO & BASIL PASTA WITH CHORIZO
- 250 g spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped coarsely
- 150 g chorizo (skip if vegetarian or sub with mushrooms)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti al dente based on package instructions. Save about 1/2 cup pasta water before draining the pasta.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil in low heat. Sauté the garlic and stir constantly to avoid burning it. Be sure to cook in low-med heat so the garlic infused the oil gradually. Then add the sliced chorizo and continue to cook for about a minute, continuing to stir.
- Add 2/3 of the cherry tomatoes and continue to cook until tomatoes start to burst, about 3-4 minutes. Add half of the basil and then season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta, the rest of the tomatoes and a splash of the pasta water. You can add more olive oil if you prefer. Taste and season as necessary. Turn off heat, add the remaining basil and grated parmesan. Serve warm.
Be sure to leave us a comment below if you ever try this recipe out. Check out all of the recipes in our archive.
To your health,