These bite-sized peanut butter coconut energy balls are the perfect guilt-free treats. They’re filled with rolled oats, desiccated coconut, nut butter, chia seeds, and takes only 15 minutes or less to prep. Make them ahead for easy snacks or as a healthier dessert.
WHAT’S AN ENERGY BALL?
Energy balls aka bliss balls or protein balls are made with a mix of rolled oats, nut butter like almond or peanut butter, chia or flaxseeds, natural sweeteners like honey or pure maple syrup, and other add-ons like desiccated coconut, protein powder, and even cacao powder.
These small but might snack balls are packed with fiber, protein, healthy carbs and fats which means they make you feel full longer, and can curb those sweet cravings. Best part? These are no-bake, no-cook snacks and can be prepped ahead of time. Easy peasy!
GROCERY LIST FOR THESE ENERGY BALLS
- Old-fashioned or Rolled Traditional Oats – This gives the best texture compared to using instant oats. Choose gluten-free oats if desired.
- All-natural Peanut Butter – We’re using 100% pure peanut butter in this recipe. Read the labels and go for one that has no added sugar in it. This can also be substituted with almond butter or tahini (sesame seed paste) if you have nut allergies.
- Pure Honey – This is a great choice to naturally sweeten the energy balls and it also binds the balls. An alternative would be pure maple syrup.
- Cacao Nibs / Dark chocolate chips – I love having a mix so go for what’s your preferred choice.
- Chia Seeds – This adds loads of fiber, protein, and omega 3s into your energy balls.
- Desiccated Coconut – You can also use shredded coconut, and also toast it if preferred.
- Vanilla Protein Powder – This adds more protein into each ball. I use this brand for quality plant-based protein.
HOW TO STORE THESE ENERGY BALLS?
STORE in an airtight container, ideally in your fridge for up to 2 weeks. Though I normally would finish a batch in a week’s time!
FREEZE the energy balls on a tray lined with parchment paper. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag or container for longer storage.
MORE HEALTHY EASY SNACKS YOU CAN PREP
You know much I love snacking so I always have something stashed in my fridge to satisfy those cravings.
- Salted Caramel Energy Balls
- No-bake Chocolate Cashew Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Healthier Trail Mix
- Salted Dark Chocolate Granola
- 1/2 cup rolled oats`
- 1/2 cup peanut butter all-natural
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup pure honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs ` or mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter and honey with a whisk until smooth.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix with a spoon or with your hand. If it's too crumbly, add more nut butter or honey. If it's too wet to roll, pop in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Using a cookie scooper or a tablespoon, scoop into 1 inch balls. Roll with your palm and roll in desiccated coconut.
- Transer to an airtight container and enjoy immediately or chill in the fridge.
If you ever make these energy balls, be sure to tag me in Instagram so I can repost your recreations.
Stay healthy always!