Welcome to the Fit Foodie Mommy Christmas series! Let’s kick off this holiday feasting with some healthier treats— 5-INGREDIENT HOLIDAY CHOCOLATE BARK that is surely going to be a hit with young ones, and the “once young.”
These chocolate barks are packed with almonds, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and coconut shreds, and made with 70% dark chocolate. You can make these ahead and even give this as holiday presents. I mean, it couldn’t get any sweeter than homemade chocolate treats, yes? Hope you enjoy these too!
- 200 grams high-quality dark chocolate (at least 70%)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl by heating in the microwave in 10-second intervals until smooth and creamy. Once melted, pour the chocolate onto the parchment paper and use a flat spatula to spread the chocolate to about 1/8 inch thickness.
- Scatter the almonds, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, and coconut shreds on top. Pop into the freezer for at least 15 minutes to set. Then using your hands, break the chocolate into big pieces of chocolate barks.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Since it has coconut oil, it will likely melt if stored in a warm temperature so be sure to keep it in a cool, dry place.
Stay tuned for more healthy holiday recipes in the coming days! And be sure to tag me in INSTAGRAM @fitfoodiemommy and use hashtag #FFMChristmasSeries if ever you recreate any of these recipes.