Looking for granola with some protein boost? This Cacao Protein Granola Clusters is my new go-to recipe! I love pairing this with some greek yogurt and fresh fruits for a super delicious, nourishing and energizing bowl. It also uses raw buckwheat which is a high source of protein and fiber. If you want to make this completely gluten-free, just simply go for gluten-free oats.
Hope you enjoy this too!
- 1 cup oats gluten-free if preferred
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup raw buckwheat kernels
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 2-3 tablespoons high quality protein powder in vanilla or chocolate I use this brand
- 1/3 cup pure maple or other natural sweetener like honey or agave
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- salt optional
- Pre-heat oven at 180 deg C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients with a spoon. Then pour the maple and the coconut oil and mix again until well incorporated.
- Transfer on the baking tray, pressing the granola with a spatula against the tray so they are packed. And bake for 10-12 minutes. Using a spoon or spatula, flip the granola and press again. This ensures they are evenly cooked and come out crispy. Bake for another 10 minutes or so until they are all cooked through.
- Leave on the tray to cool and crisp up. Then store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place or in the fridge.