These healthy frozen CHOCOLATE BANANA POPSICLES are my little boy’s favorite! We made these the other day and you can watch the fun video to see how super easy it is to make. If your kids love popsicles, then they’re in for a treat! They actually taste like frozen Snickers chocolates, only that these are much healthier and made from more wholesome ingredients.
- popsicle sticks
- 2 ripe bananas (those with brown spots)
- 1/2 cup all-natural, chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- slivered almonds
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half. Then push a popsicle stick in the middle so it now resembles a popsicle. Do the same for all the banana halves.
- Arrange them in single layer on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Freeze it for 10-15 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Prepare also your peanut butter. And you can heat it in the microwave or on stove-top with a little coconut oil if it's too thick. It's easier to coat the bananas if the nut butter is creamy and runny.
- Once bananas are frozen, take them out of the freezer then dip it first into the peanut butter about a third or half-way. Then dip the banana into the melted dark chocolate. You can use a spoon to coat the bananas nicely.
- Lastly, sprinkle some slivered almonds on the chocolate coated bananas. Place them back on the lined baking tray and stick into the freezer for another 30 minutes to freeze and set.
- You can let it out of the freezer for 5 minutes to thaw a little before taking a bite!
- Choose an all-natural peanut butter by checking the labels. It should only have 100% peanuts in it and no added sweetener. You can sub it with almond butter if you have peanut allergies.
- For the chocolate, I use at least 50-70% for that bittersweet taste.
WATCH ME AND MY LITTLE BOY MAKE THESE POPSICLES!
If you ever make these chocolate banana popsicles, be sure to tag me at Instagram @fitfoodiemommy and use hashtag #fitfoodiemommy so I can find you! 🙂
Hope you and your little ones enjoy making these chocolate banana popsicles too!