These zesty lime and garlic prawn & veggie skewers are so delicious and super easy to prepare. This is perfect for any meal, as an appetizer for your next meal, or even in your lunch parties or afternoon picnics. To make this even colorful and healthier, I added zucchinis, onions, and cherry tomatoes that add so much flavor to the dish especially when charred. The prawns have been marinated in this sweet and tangy lime-garlic marinade making every bit super delicious and succulent.
For other prawn recipes, check out my SUMMER PRAWN SALAD which can even go well together with these skewers.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
- wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 10 minutes OR metal skewers
- 500 grams large prawns, de-shelled and de-veined
- 1 zucchini, cut into into 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 2 limes zested, and juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pure honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the marinade by whisking all the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside 1/4 of the marinade which we will use in glazing. Then to the rest of the marinade, add the de-shelled and de-veined prawns and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your veggies. Cut the onions and zucchinis in the size that you prefer. Ideally, similar size as to the prawn so it cooks evenly.
- Take your soaked skewers and start first with sticking a piece of zucchini, then prawn, onion, prawn, zucchini, onion, and cherry tomato. Stack the skewers in a flat plate or baking dish.
- Heat a grill pan and spray some oil. Add your skewers making sure they're not too crowded so you get a good char. Using a pastry brush, glaze some marinade over the skewers. Cook each side about 2-4 minutes, watching closely so as not to overcook the prawns.
- To serve, squeeze more lime and add chopped coriander over the skewers.
If you make this recipe, tell us in the comments below how it went. And tag me in Instagram @tara_fitfoodiemommy and use hashtag #TheFitFoodieMommy for a shoutout. I always love it when you make your creations from my recipes.