Melbourne summer is in full swing and I’m craving more and more for fresh bowls of salad everyday. This prawn summer salad is so refreshing and will surely be an all-time favorite whether it be for your next BBQ party or for lunch and dinner. It is definitely my go-to salad these days!
I love easy, nutrient-dense salads like my QUINOA GARDEN SALAD or my CHICKPEA MEDITERRANEAN SALAD. Most of the ingredients are seasonal and you can always substitute them with what’s available in your location.
Now who’s ready to make some healthylicious salad?!
- 2 cups cos lettuce, chopped and washed, pat-dried
- 1/2 cup cooked prawns (head removed, de-veined)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- half medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ripe mango, cubed
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- almond flakes, pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of half lemon
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Assemble all the vegetables in a large bowl. Top with almonds and pumpkin seeds.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a small jar. Cover with lid and shake until it emulsifies. You can also double the quantity to make extra dressing to store in rhe fridge. Pour on the salad.