Healthier peanut butter cups with chia seeds and covered in melted dark chocolate! Perfect guilt-free treats for the halloween—or for any given day that is.
So it’s halloween week and it’s trick or treat time once again! If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to all those sugary treats, these chocolate peanut butter cups taste like those Reese’s cups that we all loved as a kid…only that these are a tad healthier, and just have 3 ingredients that you probably have in your pantry.
If there are two ingredients that absolutely #sparksjoy for me, it has to be dark chocolate and peanut butter. But not just the regular ones, I’m talking about real-good high-quality dark chocolate and all-natural peanut butter with no nasty stuff.
There are only 3 key ingredients to these chocolate peanut butter cups: chocolate, peanut butter, chia seeds. No brainer, right? And if you opt out the chia seeds, then it really just comes down to two.
A friendly warning though, they are quick to make..but you can eat all of these even much quicker! They’re that addictive!
- 200 grams dark chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter unsweetened
- chia seeds
- sea salt
- 1. Melt the dark chocolate with the coconut oil. I usually melt in 20 second intervals in a heat-proof bowl in the microwave. You can also use a double-boiler.
- 2. Pour about a tablespoon of the chocolate into your mould. I used silicone muffin liners or you can also use regular paper muffin liners. Pop them into the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
- 3. Take it out of the freezer once set. Scoop about a teaspoon of peanut-butter in each cup then sprinkle chia seeds on top. And pop again into the freezer to set.
- 4. Lastly pour the remaining melted dark chocolate into each mould. And pop into the freezer one last time to set. Sprinkle with some sea salt as you wish. Store in an airtight container.
If you love no-bake treats, be sure to check out these other fave recipes:
Tag me in instagram @fitfoodiemommy and use hashtag #FitFoodieMommy if you ever get to make this. Leave a comment below for your feedback and share this recipe to your chocoholic friends.