Cheesy bacon egg muffin cups with bacon, egg, cheese and loads of veggies in every bite. These are easy-to-make, meal-prep friendly and will surely be a family favorite. You can play around with this recipe and add any veggies that your kids would love, plus you can also add other cheeses like feta cheese, even brie or mozzarella.
- 5 eggs
- 3 bacon strips
- splash of milk
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and more for toppings
- 1/4 cup sweet peas, red bell pepper, spinach or other veggies of choice
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven at 175 deg C. Spray a 6-muffin cup with baking spray or oil.
- Cut the bacon strips in half. Take a piece of bacon and line each muffin cup with it. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper. Then add your veggies of choice. Pour into the muffin cups, and top with more cheese. Bake for 13 minutes or until the eggs are no longer runny. You can underbake it a little and let it sit on the muffin tray for a few more minutes (out of the oven) to continue cooking.
- Transfer to plate or store in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. To serve, pair with avocado slices, a salad or some toast.
Hope you enjoy this recipe! For more breakfast recipes, you can also check out these other favorites: