Savory and super flavorful zucchini carrot fritters that my little boy can’t stop eating! These fritters are perfect for breakfast and even for kids’ lunch boxes. You can make a big batch of this and freeze it for easy re-heating. Top with tomato sauce or even yogurt for more tasty bites.
ZUCCHINIS are one of my favorite plants of all. They’re rich in nutrients and antioxidants, helps with healthy digestion, and even aids in weight balance. I add them a lot to sweet recipes like my chocolate zucchini banana bread, which is an all-time household favorite.
Making these fritters is as easy as 1-2-3. Ok, maybe 1-2 as it only requires TWO key steps. First, you simply MIX all the ingredients, and second, PAN-FRY the fritters. That’s it! Each bite is loaded with cheesy flavor which makes these super kid-friendly. Trust me, my 5-year old couldn’t get enough of this!
KEY TIP WHEN COOKING WITH ZUCCHINIS
Zucchinis contain a lot of water so a key step is to wring out or squeeze out the moisture from grated zucchinis by using a cheesecloth, milk bag or a kitchen towel. Do this before adding your zucchinis to your fritter mix. Otherwise, you’ll end up having soggy fritters which isn’t that appetizing.
So, shall we get on to making these fritters?
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup flour of choice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for cooking
- Grate your zucchini and place in a kitchen towel or cheesecloth. Using your hands, squeeze out all the moisture from the zucchini. Place the zucchini in a mixing bowl.
- Grate your carrot next and add to the bowl. Add your egg, flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then using a spoon, mix until well combined.
- Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil on a non-stick pan or skillet. Then scoop about 1/4 cup of the fritter batter, and flatten gently using the back of the spoon to form round shapes. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until browned. Then flip and cook for another 2 minutes or so.
- Transfer to a plate and cook the rest of the fritter mixture. To serve, top with tomato sauce or greek yogurt.
- For storage, place in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze for longer storage.
Do you want more delicious zucchini recipes? Make sure to check these other favorites:
I hope you try this out and let me know if you do make it by leaving a comment below. These are perfect for this holiday season in fact to balance out all the heavy feasting.