Breakfast has never been this easy with this EASY BIRCHER MUESLI which you can whip up in just a few minutes. This has mixed berries but you can choose whatever seasonal fruits you have. Muesli is a mix of rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, desiccated coconut, chia seeds, and soaked in milk and greek yogurt. This is perfect for meal-prep and it stores well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
KEY INGREDIENTS IN BIRCHER MUESLI:
- ROLLED OATS – use the traditional, rolled oats instead of quick, instant oats. Since these are soaked in milk and yogurt, the rolled oats will give you a chunkier texture which is what I prefer as well.
- MILK – you can use whatever milk you prefer but I usually use my HOMEMADE CASHEW MILK.
- GREEK YOGURT – this gives the tanginess to the muesli, and some protein boost as well. An alternative could be plain non-flavored yogurt.
- SEEDS – I used pumpkin seeds and chia seeds for this one. You can also add sunflower seeds and even some dried fruit like cranberries.
- DESICCATED COCONUT – don’t skip this since this gives the muesli that distinct taste. You may also add grated apple instead of coconut for some added flavor.
- 1 cup rolled or traditional oats
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple or honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1.5 cups mixed berries fresh or frozen
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix with a spoon until well combined. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes to set or store in the fridge overnight. To serve, divide the mixed berries into 3, and add some fruit at the bottom of the jar. Scoop the muesli over the berries and top with more berries.
TRY OTHER BREAKFAST FAVORITES!
If you do try these breakfast recipes, be sure to tag me in or let me know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Happy meal-prepping!
To your incredible health,