What do you look for in a salad bowl? Are you thinking refreshing, filling, nutritious, flavorful, yet super easy to make? If that’s what you’re looking for, then this grilled lime chicken salad definitely ticks all the boxes!
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT IT
Let’s start with the succulent, juicy, tangy chicken that has been marinated and grilled to perfection. You can marinade the chicken ahead of time, even freeze a batch and thaw it once you are ready to get grilling. This recipe is also very forgiving and you can add more lime for more tanginess or more honey or brown sugar for more sweetness. The marinade also serves as the dressing itself! So you save half the marinade (which hasn’t touched the chicken) and pour that onto the salad just before serving.
You have all the colors in this salad– sweet cherry tomatoes and red capsicums, perfectly ripe avocadoes, crisp lettuce and fresh asparagus. You can even make chicken fajitas out of these with wholemeal tortillas and some cilantro. Best part is, it is so easy to make and needs no fancy gadgets. Just fresh, natural ingredients and lots of vitamin L (love) when prepping this salad. So, shall we get started?
For other salad recipes, check out these favorites:
- 1/3 cup olive oil good quality
- 1 lime zested, juiced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pure honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 200 grams chicken breast
- 1 red capsicum sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado sliced
- COMBINE all the ingredients for the marinade in a jug. Pour half of it into a shallow bowl to marinate the chicken, while saving half of it for the dressing. Chill the saved dressing.
- MARINATE the chicken for at least an hour or two. You may also do this the night before and have it marinate overnight for best results.
- GRILL the marinated chicken with some olive oil on a heated grill pan. Make sure the chicken is at room temperature if ever you marinated it overnight. Cook for about 5-6 minutes per side depending on the thickness of your chicken pieces, or until it's cooked all the way through. Once chicken is done, set aside. Grill for a few minutes the red capsicums and the asparagus for about 3-4 minutes, just enough to get a good char on them.
- ASSEMBLE the lettuce, tomatoes, grilled veggies, and sliced avocados on a salad bowl. SLICE the grilled chicken and top it on the veggies. POUR the chilled dressing over the salad. Season more with salt and pepper as desired.
I hope you enjoy this salad as much as me and my family did! Leave a comment below for feedback or any questions. If you make this salad, use the hashtag #FitFoodiemommy as I’d love to see your creations of my recipe.
Be the first to comment