Jazz up your salads with this refreshing watermelon and feta salad with prawns! So easy to put together and makes a beautiful and healthy centerpiece to any dining table.
Not a fan of prawns? You can make this vegetarian and skip it, and add other fruit or veggies like avocados, cucumbers, peaches or even strawberries. Just don’t skip the feta as it gives that balance from all the sweetness of the fruits. I also added a touch of mint, just because it elevates the freshness to the nth level!
The dressing is very simple and is a mix of balsamic vinegar, a good-quality extra virgin olive oil, pure honey, salt and pepper. You can make-ahead the dressing by tripling the amount and storing it in a mason jar in your fridge.
MORE SALADS TO LOVE!
Hope you love this easy but delicious salad! And as always, tag me @fitfoodiemommy or leave a comment below if you try this out.
- 1 cup fresh greens like spinach, rocket or arugula
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups sliced watermelon
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- handful of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons good-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Season the prawns with paprika, salt and pepper. Heat a pan with a little olive oil and pan-fry the prawns for 2-3 minutes until cooked. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- In a large bowl, assemble the greens, watermelon, blueberries, feta cheese, and prawns.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey, salt and pepper. Then drizzle over your salad. If making this ahead, keep the dressing separate until about 10 minutes prior serving.