A classic dessert with sweet, tangy blueberries baked with a crunchy, delicious crumble made of rolled oats, whole nuts and seeds, and sweetened with pure maple syrup. It doesn’t get any healthier than that! This healthy blueberry crumble is so easy and quick to make yet it tastes so delicious and special! You can top it with vanilla ice cream or greek yogurt for a skinny treat.
This recipe is featured in my new HEALTHY COOKING MADE EASY EBOOK which has 65 easy, delicious, nutritious recipes for the entire family. It’s a labor of love, and hundreds of hours in my kitchen! You’ll find a wide range of recipes in the book from salads/appetizers, soups, breakfast, mains, snacks, desserts, and even smoothies & drinks. If you also want minimal ingredients but with maximum flavor for your family meals, then the Healthy Cooking Made Easy recipes are for you.
Now back to this blueberry crumble. Go make this for the weekend and thank me later! I just had this for breakfast with a dollop of coconut yogurt. Yum!
WATCH THE VIDEO OF HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY AND HEALTHY BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup rolled/ traditional oats
- 1/4 cup almond flour or sub with whole wheat or plain flour
- 1/2 cup choice of raw nuts (slivered almonds/ hazelnuts/ macadamia)
- 1/4 cup seeds (pumpkin or sunflower seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or pure honey
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare 4 ramekins and divide the blueberries (about 1/2 cup) among these.
- In a bowl, mix the oats, flour, nuts, seeds, coconut oil, pure maple, cinnamon and salt. Stir with a spoon until well incorporated. And then scoop the crumble mix on top of the blueberries.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the blueberries are bubbly on the sides of the ramekins and the crumble is golden and toasted. If you're using a single baking dish instead of ramekins, increase the bake time to a total of 35-40 minutes.
- Top with vanilla ice cream or greek-style or coconut yogurt.
MORE BLUEBERRY RECIPES
Stay safe and healthy always!